What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our Site?
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the installed cookies on your device.
Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include a unique anonymous identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number). We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our Site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, provide us with feedback on our products or services or enter information on our Site. We also may automatically collect information about your browsing actions, equipment, and usage patterns using server logs, cookies, and similar technologies.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways (with the lawful basis for processing in parenthesis):
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business, and to inform our marketing strategy)
- To improve our website in order to better serve you. (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests. (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business, and to inform our marketing strategy)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature. (Performance of a contract with you, Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business, and to inform our marketing strategy)
- To quickly process your transactions. (Performance of a contract with you, Necessary for our legitimate interests to recover debts owed to us)
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- To help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries) (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
At any time, you may email us at email@example.com to unsubscribe from marketing or click the “unsubscribe” button on any email communication from us.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Sharing your personal Information and third-party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice.
This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or another lawful request for information we receive or to otherwise protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies.
We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/6008942?visit_id=637394915711661056-786591294&rd=1
California Online Privacy Protection Act
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Does our Site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since the browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that makes your site experience more efficient and may not function properly. However, you will still be able to place orders.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States, and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following responsive action should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within one business day.
- We also agree with the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law.
- This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email. Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please email us at email@example.com
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us using the information below.
By Email At - firstname.lastname@example.org
On Our Website - https://www.ingvildkolnes.no/contact
Founder of Ingvild Kolnes Photography